In 2010 for the release of Toy Story 3, Disney Store made its own Buzz Lightyear, complete with screen accurate features. Several variations of this figure have been made since then, including one to tie in with the short, Hawaiian Vacation and one with Spanish phrases.One's such as the 2010 release,the Original 2010 Spanish one,the 2010 Limited Edition 1 of 6000 one with Metallic Neon Green and Silver paint that came with the Black,White and Silver Woody,and the 2011 Hawaiian vacation Special Edition had a paler face and a more muffled voice box.
The packaging for this toy has changed over the years, with the newest version resembling the box seen in the films.
- 30 phrases taken directly from Buzz's lines from the three movies, despite only one being an actual voice box phrase.
- Pulsating laser light
- Glowing wing-tip
- Karate chop action
- A push-button retractable helmet.
Standard edition (movie voice box phrases in bold) Edit
- "I am Buzz Lightyear, I come in peace"
- "Buzz Lightyear, at your service"
- "All quiet, nothing to report"
- "Please be careful, you don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off"
- "They are a terillium carbonic alloy and I CAN fly"
- "To infinity, and beyond!"
- -choking sound- "How dare you open a space rangers helmet on an uncharted planet! My eyeballs could've been sucked from their sockets!"
- "Approaching destination, re-engaging gravity. Area secure"
- "Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals his weapon's only weakness"
- "Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in Star Command"
- "No back talk! I have a lazer, and I WILL use it!"
- "Stand back everyone!"
- "Everyone take cover!"
- Buzz Lightyear to mission log: All signs point to this planet as location of Zurg's fortress, but there seems to be no signs of intelligent life anywhere
- "Halt, who goes there?"
The second variant of this figure released, It speaks both English and Spanish, referencing Buzz's Spanish mode from Toy Story 3. Physically, aside from the different face sculpt, it is the same as the 2010 Disney Store Buzz. This version is currently being sold at J.C.Penney under their Disney Collection line which started in October 2013.The 2010 model had a pale face sculpt and says 15 Movie Quotes in English when the red button is pressed, while the blue button activates 19 Spanish Quotes.JCPenney's variant didn't have the jet exhausts lights,it had the same feature where he talked in English when the red button was pressed, and talked in Spanish when the blue button was pressed, but this time he only says 12 English and 11 Spanish phrases, he is missing 3 of the English ones and 8 of the Spanish one's.Also his face sculpt is more lighter and bent forward, the English phrases he is missing are 3 of the longer ones, such as The Buzz Lightyear Mission Log one,the Star Wars reference one about the Death Star,and the how dare you open a spaceman's helmet on an uncharted planet one.
Hawaiian Vacation BuzzEdit
Another Variant of this figure is the "Hawaiian Vacation" version Nothing is different other than removable Hawaiian clothing, his box and a Glo-Stick. He was priced around $20 - $25. Rumors speculate that some of these figures don't have added phrases.The Thinkway model was sold at ToysRus and Disney Store and had 20 phrases with music,while Disney store's was the older Disney Store model with the pale face and muffled voice box and no new phrases.
D23 BuzzEditThere was also a D23 Release of this figure, in a "Chrome" color. He is the exact same to the original Disney Store Buzz other than his colors and box. His box is a heavy duty cardboard unlike the other Disney Store Buzz Lightyear figures. His cost ranges around $30 - $40.His Color scheme was similar to the Limited Edition 1 of 6000 one that came with the Black and White Woody from 2010,his color is a more darker metallic green than the 2010 1 of 6000 one,also his wings are a metallic purple while the 1 of 6000 one's are metallic silver.
Special Edition Buzz EditTo tie in with Toy Story 4, the Disney Store released an enhanced version of the Buzz Lightyear figure. It exchanges some old phrases for some Spanish phrases activated when the green button is pushed and glows in the dark.He speaks 12 English and 11 Spanish similar to JCPenney's variant of Spanish Buzz.
Interactive Buzz Edit
Another Toy Story 4 tie-in toy, this Buzz Lightyear figure features a "toy detector" mode reminiscent of Thinkway Toys' Interactive Buddies, in which it has the ability to "talk" to other Interactive Disney Store Toy Story toys. This figure features a switch on the right side to toggle between "interactive" and "play" modes, with the default "play" mode phrases being updated to feature some "inner voice" phrases heard in Toy Story 4.
- Helmet is not fully retractable
- His right arm articulation is restricted due to the karate chop action
- His hands are not ball-jointed and only one finger moves on each hand.
- Omits the phrases, "Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!" and "There's a secret mission in uncharted space, let's go!"
- The light-up wingtips aren't the same shape as they are in the films
- Waist is not rubber
- His face differs from the film.
- The wings are as just as long as the Toy Story Collection Buzz Lightyear but thinner.
- This is the first talking Buzz Lightyear figure to feature both a push-button retractable helmet and Karate Chop action like the figure does in the films.